2018 Florida Coalition for Children Annual Conference Recap
The Florida Coalition for Children celebrated their 2018 Annual Conference at the Boca Resort and Club in Boca Raton, FL from July 23-25. With over 600 attendees, the three-day event brought together some of the state’s top child welfare advocates and agencies to celebrate, educate, and inspire Florida’s community of care. It featured an array of special events, including the opening Party by the Pool and the Selfless Love Foundation’s cocktail reception that preceded the Awards Celebration, allowing attendees to network with other agencies and workers in our system.
CEU and general sessions featured keynotes from prominent members of the community educating attendees in new and innovative ways. Special thanks to Josh Shipp and Dr. Keith Bailey for their presentations during our plenary session, which inspired all and provided a great kick-off to the conference.
Our annual Awards Celebration was a night to honor the hard work and dedication of the men and women who work every day on behalf of Florida’s abused, abandoned, neglected and at-risk children and youth. The following people were presented with awards of recognition:
- Board Member of the Year — Donavan Arnold, Board Member, Partnership for Strong Families
- Case Manager of the Year — DeAngelo Pittard, Case Manager, One Hope United
- Champion for Children — Dusty Pye, Chief Integration Officer, LSF Health Systems
- Foster Parent of the Year — Bobby Sharp and Everett Kamuchey, Foster Parents, Devereux Advanced Behavioral Health Florida
- Lighting the Way — Danielle Abbey, Communications Manager, Community Based Care of Central Florida
- Outstanding Youth –– Chelsea Bramblett, Family Support Worker in Young Adult Services, FamiliesFirst Network
- Residential Caregiver of the Year — Cashe Lawson, Program Director, Devereux Advanced Behavioral Health Florida
- Support Staff of the Year — Clensy Warren, PRIDE Training Specialist, Family Support Services of North Florida
- Therapist of the Year — Shannon Massingale, Behavioral Health Care Coordinator, Lakeview Center
- Corporate Partner of the Year – Sunshine Health!
- Legislator of the Year — Representative Colleen Burton, The Florida House of Representatives
- Legislator of the Year — Senator Doug Broxson, The Florida Senate
One Voice IMPAACT, whose inspirational youth performed for attendees during our Awards Celebration, also hosted their annual Youth Conference in conjunction with this year’s Annual Conference.
The 2018 Conference would not have been possible without the endless support from our sponsors and exhibitors, as well as the efforts put forth by our planning committee. Without the support of our entire #communityofcare, FCC would not have been able to put on such a successful event. We would like to thank and recognize the organizations and people that made this year’s event possible.
Join us next year at Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort for our 2019 Annual Conference, being held from July 8th-10th!